Honey points are the best part of using Mobee. The more points you earn, the more rewards you’ll unlock and can redeem. Because honey points are very popular with our users, we get a lot of questions about them. To help, I’ve created the ultimate guide to Mobee honey points to help answer some of those questions. Whether you’re wondering where points come from, how to earn them, what they can be used one, I’ve got the answers for you.
So, let’s take a look at the most up-to-date information on Mobee points.
What are Mobee honey points
Honey points are essentially currency in the Mobee app. You can earn points by completing our Missions successfully, participating in contests, referring your friends, and more. As many of you may know, once you’ve earned your points you can use them on a huge variety of gift cards in the rewards section of the app. You can use your points for gift cards to Target, Amazon, Best Buy, for Mastercard gift cards, and so much more.
We’ve found that it can be tempting to use your points right away, but by saving your reward points you’ll start to unlock more and more gift cards worth more money. You can check out all of our rewards in the rewards section of our app and see how many points you’ll need to unlock them.
When do you get points?
A question we see a lot is “when do I get my points?” The answer to this question depends on the task that’s earning you those points. Let’s take a look at a few examples:
- Completing a Mission: When you complete a Mission, there is a validation process that it must go through. In this process, a member of the Mobee team will look at your Mission and evaluate the honesty and accuracy of it. If your Mission is completed correctly it will be approved by our team. Once your Mission has been approved, your points will be added to your account automatically. The validation process typically takes about two days but it can be longer or shorter depending on the number of pending Missions queued up.
- Referring a Friend: When you’re referring friends, you have the ability to earn 300 points per referral. Those points can really add up, but to earn them, the person you referred must complete their first in-store Mission and it must be approved by our validation team. Once their first Mission has been approved you’ll both earn 300 points. The wait time to earn these points largely depends on how quickly the person you referred completes their first in-store Mission.
- Contests: If you’re a Mobee contest winner, typically, those points will be added to your account by the end of the day that you were notified that you have won. Contest information (when applicable) can often be found in Mobee emails or on our social media pages. It’s very important to remember that contests are different from bonus points for completing Missions. All contests are different, if you have any questions about contests or Mobee points, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Bonus Points: If you receive an email that a Mission is offering bonus points if you complete a certain number of them, that is always exciting. But, it’s important to note that these bonus points will not be added to your account until ALL available Missions throughout the Mobee map have been completed AND validated by our team. Once that has happened you’ll see those points automatically added into your account.
- Achievements: Achievements are earned by completing Mobee Missions. To collect points associated with them, you must complete the required number of Missions. As Missions are approved, it can take up to 48 hours for those Missions to be seen in your achievements. Once the achievement is unlocked, you can “claim” it which will add those points to your account automatically.
So, earning points can come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some might even take a little longer than others to be seen in your account. The most important tip we have for you is to pay attention to your balance history and your Mobee emails while tracking your points.
How can points be used?
Mobee points can be used to claim gift card rewards or for donations in the app. In the app, you have the ability to choose from a huge selection of gift cards. As you earn more points, your gift card selection will increase giving you more options at higher values. Check out which gift cards you want to earn before redeeming your rewards, so you can save up the amount you need. Gift cards values range from $5 to $100.
Don’t forget to enjoy your Mobee rewards, you earned them!!
What are they worth?
Mobee rewards don’t have any set value. Typically, 1 point is equivalent to $0.01 (in your country’s currency). So, if you earn 500 points, you’re able to redeem a $5 gift card and 2500 points allows you to redeem a $25 gift card. Saving your points up will give you access to higher value gift cards as they’re unlocked.
It is important to note that while most of our gift cards do not expire, the MasterCard gift card does have an expiration date. After selecting this reward, the link will expire 30 days after it was redeemed. If you’d like to redeem this reward we’d recommend using it right away to avoid the expiration date. If you choose to save it until you’re able to redeem another one, it may expire and can’t be replaced.
Pro tip: Holding off on using your points until you have enough to redeem all of the rewards you need is always beneficial.
What about Missions? All Missions are worth different amounts as well. Mission values can increase or decrease at any time and once a Mission has been completed that pin will no longer be available. Take advantage of all Missions near you while you can to earn the most possible points. Missions come and go from the Mobee map all the time, you never know when a Mission will disappear!
There are many ways to earn points and a ton of opportunity to do so. Taking advantage of all of those opportunities will set you up to become one of our top earners. Do you have any other questions for us about rewards? Comment them below!