There’s one requirement that can be a big deterrent to starting a Mobee Mission: speaking to employees. The thought of going into a store or restaurant and drawing attention to yourself by communicating with an employee seems counterintuitive to some mystery shoppers. The word mystery is in the description after all. Other’s simply don’t enjoy the prospect of speaking with an employee or sales associate at all.
No matter what the reason is, this requirement can be a big turn off for Mobee users. Today, I’d like to give you some tips to help you master this requirement, and offer some insight into why it’s so important. Each Mission we craft can make a big difference for a brand, but it can also impact your shopping experience. Taking advantage of every mystery shopping Mission could make a big difference in your future shopping experiences, interactions, and more.
When a Mission specifically asks you to speak to an employee, this can be an immediate reason, for some users, to stay home and avoid that Mission all together. I’m here to give you all the information you need to understand why this requirement is used in some Missions and why it’s so important. Let’s get started.
Typically, when we ask you to speak to an employee it will be a short interaction, asking if a product is in stock or what information they can give you about it. After the interaction is complete you can simply thank the employee for their time and continue about your business. Some Missions, however, require longer conversations, this is when it gets a bit more difficult for some of our users.
Missions that require longer conversations are used to help our client understand how employees are using their product(s), if they are knowledgable about the product(s), get a better understanding of their customer service skills, and so much more. If the prospect of a longer conversation is something you’re not interested in, take a look at this user-written blog for additional tips and tricks for speaking with employees!
This requirement can benefit you because these Missions are typically worth more than others. You could earn hundreds or even thousands of points in one Mission. Some of them even offer additional bonus points! As you all know, the faster you earn points, the more rewards you can redeem! Check out the next section for our tips on employee interactions so you can get in on these Missions, too.
Tips and Tricks
We understand that these Missions can sometimes be awkward or uncomfortable, but they’re also very important. To give you a leg up while completing these Missions, we’ve compiled a list of our best tips and tricks for speaking to employees.
- Try not to look at your phone as much as possible. Having a genuine and natural conversation with the employee is much easier and less awkward than reading questions directly from your phone. If you need to look at your Mission to remember the questions or necessary information, take a quick look at the question then continue speaking instead of reading it directly off the screen. This will help you continue the natural flow of conversation as much as possible.
- Get into character. Pretending you’re excited about the product in question and asking genuine questions can help deter suspicion and will make you feel more comfortable and confident in your employee interaction.
- Read the Misson Brief and Questions carefully. In many cases, we’ll give you a quick run-down of the questions you’ll need to ask in your employee interaction. Reading this information fully (when applicable) will give you all the information you need to have a flowing conversation instead of reading each individual question as they appear.
- Utilize the final question of the Mission. If you run into any issues while completing a Mission or during your employee interaction, let us know in your final question. Our validation team reads these responses and takes them into consideration when evaluating your pending Mission(s).
- Practice makes perfect. The more Missions you complete that include an employee interaction requirement, the easier they’ll become.
These tips can help you feel more comfortable during a Mobee mystery shopping Mission, especially when it includes employee interaction. If you need more tips, use the Mobee Facebook page to interact with and ask fellow Mobee bees for tips and tricks that have helped them in the past. The Mobee Bees are full of great tips and tricks for Mobee Missions!
Talking to an employee during a Mission can be nerve-wracking, but using these tips you’ll be a pro in no time at all. These Missions will typically offer you more points, more opportunities, and sometimes even bonus points. Trust me, you don’t want to skip out on these Missions.
The more you complete these Missions, the easier they will become. Diving head first into Missions with employee interaction elements will help you complete more in the future. Remember, you can always reach out to the Mobee team with any questions you have. We’re always happy to assist you!